Friday, October 25, 2013

Doing.

Four days.

That's how long ago it was that I wrote: "Stop Searching, Start Doing [and live in a mud hut]."

In that four days, I feel like a completely different person. So much has happened that it feels like weeks.

Maybe months.
(okay, maybe not THAT long)

Writing that post must have put me in my "mojo" mood, where I was just so encouraged that I didn't know what to besides make solid plans and get things done. And, honestly, I'm in a bit of a time-crunch for everything, so I'm sure that helped, too.

So I started to make things happen.

More realistically, God started to make things happen.

-I talked with Jake about internship details, and am officially going there from December 2013 through part of July 2014.
-I applied for a job at Safeway in Washington.
-I found someone to live with in Washington, who is okay with my budget for rent (and I LOVE her).
-I decided what I'd like to do with my life (missions).
-I decided that I wanted to go to school next fall.
-I am applying for school next fall (Kuyper College, and Moody Bible Institute in Chigaco).
-I went to Holland Christian to drop of a transcript request (well, I tried... they were closed).
-I bought the rest of the things I needed for my Israel trip (I had no other choice, but at least I didn't wait until Saturday).
-I finished up at Captain Sundae.
-I went out for coffee with people who I haven't seen in a long time.
-I became passionate about human trafficking.
-I wrote this blog.

And I'm sure I did some odd, minor important things here and there in between those four days. But, really, I'm proud of what I actually did accomplish. And I am SO incredibly excited for the journey ahead.

Knowing that God has His hand on my life makes all the difference in the world. I have peace that I might not be living in a mud-hut in the next year, or that I probably won't be eating body parts of animals that aren't the norm for the American culture. I'll have to keep myself calm with the idea of living "comfortably" until God reveals my next step.

I think I'll be okay with eating ribs and potatoes for a little longer.

But, really, I think I'm supposed to be a missionary.

MISSIONARY. (crazy, right?)

"Kelsey the Missionary."
"Missions with Kelsey."
"Missionary Kelsey on the Move."

It will be incredible to see how everything unfolds. But, really, I can't stop thinking about the possibility. And, honestly, I'm relieved that I no longer am making lists of possible bakery names (though I guess that could be retirement). Ultimately, I'm glad I traded "Kelsey's Kitchen" for "Kelsey the Missionary".

While I have no idea what I would be doing specifically if I were to do missions, I still have this longing to do it. Whatever it is.

And, actually, I got passionate about human trafficking last night. Is that possible?? To be passionate about something after watching a few videos? After researching something for maybe an hour?
See if you do, too...

First of all, fall in love with this missionary family, like I did...

Then, look at the website of the non-profit ministry they started...

Watch this video (at the bottom of the page)...

And finish up with this video, which focuses on "what's the point?".

Passionate yet?? 

If not, this story might hit a little closer to home...

Sex trafficking is a big deal in the U.S., too. Since sex trafficking and slavery it is suck a dark, scary topic, people don't like to "go there". Wouldn't it be worth "going there" to restore a life, much like the life of this young woman?

Read this young woman's story to see how God used her victimization to start a non-profit organization to save so many others.


Any-who, I'm so excited for what's ahead! I feel like this is the final calm before the "storm" of chaos that will be my next few months of life until I adjust. I'll be doing my best with blogging while I'm in Israel, Greece, and Rome.
That outta be fun!

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. not as the world gives, give I unto you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid."
John 14:27


No comments:

Post a Comment