Monday, September 16, 2013

Home Sweet Home?

Yes. I am home, and it is sweet.

I appreciate Michigan, and I am - indeed - "smitten with the mitten". I must say, though, that my three months in Aberdeen, WA were glorious. I have met the most amazing people, was able to experience God in a beautiful way, got to spend some quality time with my family, sort through some hurt from the past, and experience freedom and boldness in the person God has made me.

I'd say that's a pretty successful summer, wouldn't you?

That's why I'll be returning to Aberdeen immediately after we eat our turkey dinner on Thanksgiving. The light is green until it turns red, so for me, a green light means to literally GO. Even if it is across the country for an extended period of time. If it's not God's desire for me at this point of my life, I have faith that he'll throw that red light in front of my face. Then I'll put on the brakes to see what else he might have for me.

But as of right now, the light is still green, so I'm still going. :)

I have this gut feeling that God is going to use the next year (or two) of my life in Aberdeen to fully develop into the woman He's created me to be. I feel like He is going to use these prime months and years in my life to mold me into everything He needs me to be for our ministries at Faith CRC in Holland, MI, and wherever else He may lead me. I've been challenging myself to look at the next year as a short time in my life. Which is true - it's not too long. So that's a comfort. It's comforting, too, to know that the time that I'll be spending on the West Coast is going to be a continued time of study and development as I become a woman/lady/female of strength, boldness, and freedom in Christ Jesus/our Lord and Savior/God/whatever-you'd-like-to-call-the-almighty-God-who-is-the-creator-and-ultimate-forgiver-of-our-sins.

Yay for excitement!

So, what is my next year going to look like in Aberdeen?

Well... It's basically going to be the same as my three month period there. River of Life's associate pastor, Jake Broady (doubling as my awesome cousin), is kicking off a new year-long internship program. We'll be meeting roughly three days per week. But this time (drum-roll, please), there will be college classes included. Yay for me, I get to move forward in education, be in Aberdeen, AND learn more about Jesus! What more could I ask for?

So, WHY am I going?

I'm basically doing this year-long internship for those three reasons (education, travel, and Jesus), and because it's exciting to be a part of something new and exciting. I also feel like there's real opportunity for my leadership abilities to grow - I think I'll be starting a small group and begin mentoring girls from the church (which would be great experience to eventually use at Faith CRC, right?). Also, I really would like to continue in my education, and I honestly wasn't the biggest fan of GRCC. I mean, I'd go there if I had to, but now I don't have to without breaking the bank. It's a win-win.

Truth be told, I am saddened that I'll be missing ETM, youth group, sports camp, SERVE, Beth Moore Bible studies, Tuesday morning breakfasts [and RVL's teachings] with the guys, the church camping trip, being a part of the transition at Faith CRC, as well as friend time and family time.
But that's okay, right?

God is going to do some exciting things during the next season of my life. Stay posted, and I'll do my best to keep you updated on all of the awesome happenings (as well as random, deep thoughts that are going through my head).

Also, check out my page entitled "What's Next: Israel, Greece, and Rome" for another piece of what's ahead!

Thanks for reading!
Kels

1 comment:

  1. You are so wonderful, and I am so blessed by your willingness to follow Christ's call in your life. You WILL be missed, however, very greatly! How will I get through MSM, aka ETM haha without you!? :) So many prayers coming your way, sista.

    ReplyDelete